Get me sent right to your inbox. It's basically like I'm coming over for coffee all the time.
Buy This Book!
- While I Have Your Attention, Overlords….
- Congratulations: You Make Me Sick.
- Maybe it’s not me, after all… maybe it’s just my face!
- Oh, you know, just a normal day in my pants. OH WAIT NO.
- I feel like we’re doing the whole “romantic sunset” thing wrong.
- Not a real post, but a great reminder!
- Seven things I’m thankful for (and NONE OF THEM ARE BRENDA)
- I’ll probably only be happy if I’m naked and living in the forest at this point: A rant.
- It’s official: I’m becoming my father.
- Ten minutes.
Tag Archives: work
The other night my writing group held a reading at a local restaurant to honor the memory of a long-time member who recently passed away and to honor the work and life of one of the founding members who is … Continue reading
Earlier today, after wrapping up my NaNoWriMo word count for the day, I rewarded myself with some time to catch up on some of my favorite YouTubers. If you watch the vlogbrothers channel, you know that Hank just had a … Continue reading
I am an adult, for all intents and purposes. Legally, I’m considered an adult by age alone. I can fight for our country if I want to. I can drink. I make responsible financial decisions and I’m responsible for the … Continue reading
Working full-time in a bookshop provides me with almost endless entertainment. Bookish people are kind of the best people on earth, but they’re also the weirdest. Okay, maybe not the weirdest, but they’ve at least got a category on the … Continue reading
Good morning, Duckies!! So yesterday at work, I had a very strange series of conversations… Phone rings Me: Thank you for calling The Book Shop! This is Emelie. Older Woman: Yes, Hi! Is Michael there? Me: Oh, I’m sorry. He doesn’t work here … Continue reading
That’s right, Duckies – today I’m doing a Vlog. So… enjoy the awkwardness that is me on camera, because there’s so much of it that it hurts sometimes… I’m not calling myself fat or anything… it was the mass amount … Continue reading
This is legitimately a conversation that John Hamm, a few of the servers, and I had at the restaurant where we work: Co-worker: Did you know that ounce for ounce, cocaine is more expensive than gold? Me: So is saffron. … Continue reading