Wooooow! I won some more awards!
I’m not sure how much these things count for, but it’s always nice to have other bloggers saying “I think you’re just plain groovy, and I bequeath this photographic award to you so that you can show off just how groovy I think you really are!”
Well, my relatively new blogging friend, Carrie Rubin, did just that (Actually, I answered all of her questions correctly, so I won it? I don’t know. Whatever. I WON!)
So these are the Awards I won:
I. THE COMMENTATOR AWARD
I do like to comment on people’s stuff as much as possible. It’s a good way to make new friends. Social networking has really gone from being just another way of communicating to a whole segment of my work. That’s great, because it gives me an excuse to play around on Facebook, but there are definitely some days when I don’t feel witty or humorous, so commenting seems like the worst thing I can do. But I do it anyway. Because I’m awkward.
Anyway, the rules for this award are as follows:
The Commentator Award Rules (Taken word-for-word from Carrie Rubin, who took them word-for-word from JM McDowell)
- “Rules: You’ll find your Top Recent Commenters on your site stats page on the bottom, right corner. If you don’t see this, click on the Screen Options in the top right corner and be sure that “Comments” is checked. If you are good about responding to every comment, then you will be the first one in the list. It is the next six commenters on the list that you will nominate and pass this award to.”
- “But wait! You may nominate one more person. This person can either be a brand new commenter on your blog, the very last comment you have received (most recent), or the one who has posted your most favorite comments. This seventh nomination is your choice, but please do tell us why you have chosen them as your seventh.”
II. BOOKER AWARD
Booker Award Rules (Taken from Real Woman’s Health)
- Nominate other blogs, as many as you want but 5-10 is always a good suggestion. Don’t forget to let your recipients know.
- Post the Booker Award picture.
- Share your top 5 books of all time.
Okay, so here are my top 5 books (or at least five books that I really love):
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruis Zafon
Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
So, yeah, those are really just five books that I really love, but it’s impossible to tell you my top five. It changes every day and with every book I read.
III. THE DON’T DO A DAMN THING AWARD…
No Rules—Do whatever the hell you want; give to whomever the hell you want. (My own words, but feel free to use them…)
IV. BLOG OF THE YEAR 2012
Blog of the Year 2012 Rules
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars
Well, now this is just ridiculous. I mean, I’m good, but I’m not that good! Thanks, Carrie!!
So here are my nominees for all the awards, because I love you all dearly!
You guys have all been wonderfully supportive and awesome since I started this blog and for that I really do want to thank you. Thanks so much for being my blogging buddies! You’re great writers and it’s awesome to know all of you!
Wow. Cheesy. Whatever, I think they’re starting to play me off the stage!!